Australia has a number of visa options for individuals who wish to work or invest in Australia. These visas are designed to target genuine skill shortages, diversify business expertise and increase entrepreneurial talent, without displacing Australian workers.
This Instrument lists the occupations and inapplicability conditions (caveats) for the three lists:
- Short Term Skilled Occupation List – Section 5
- Medium and Ling Term Strategic Skills List – Section 6
- Regional Occupation List – Section
Understanding the transition from subclass 457 to TSS
- The ‘one onshore renewal’ rule included in the Government’s April 2017 announcement, applies to TSS visas in the short-term (ST) stream only – it does not apply to existing subclass 457 visa holders who are seeking their first TSS visa. That is, this new rule will only impact them if:
- they have previously been granted two or more TSS (ST) visas
- their previous TSS (ST) visa was applied for onshore and
- they apply for another TSS (ST) visa.